Thursday, June 6, 2013

Nutella VS Trader Joe's

 My dad shipped me some goodies he thought I might like.
He usually sends Nutella everytime but in this particular box, he sent me another type of chocolate spread...

Here it is:
It’s a new product from Trader Joe’s.
"Cocoa almond Spread"

Some say it is better than Nutella.

Let's see :)
Nutella is more oilier and shinier.
TJ's cocoa almond spread is darker, more dense

If you’ve ever had Nutella this is basically what TJ’s Cocoa Almond Spread kinda taste like, yet they used almonds for those people who prefer almonds to hazelnuts. I also heard that almond oil is healthier too.
This one is more Smoother,darker, more chocolatier, less oily and less sweeter.
This spread has a more pronounced nut flavor. Hubby kept telling me it taste like soya : )


Nutella is creamy, lighter,best for people who has a sweet tooth (more on the milk chocolate side.)
It also seems a little softer when dipping things in & also spreads better on top of bread than TJ's.
Calorie-wise they are about the same, both contain no artificial colors/flavors or preservatives.


Nutella for me, hubby & my eldest daughter Phranczeska is a hit, for obvious reasons (sweet tooth)
while my youngest daughter Pharell loves TJ's cocoa almond spread  more.


This is a close fight :)
My verdict: Nutella wins against Trader Joe's Cocoa Almond Spread.
 Fair enough, I say, we're all entitled to our own opinions. 






2 comments:

  1. hi sis!me and my family super love nutella too!kaya lang its a bit expensive for us kasi yung magaama ko ginagawang isang upuan lang yung 400 grams na Nutella!kaloka!haha

    ReplyDelete