Friday, June 21, 2013

Intercontinental Hotel's Cafe Jeepney

Did you know that the Jeepney was originally made from US military jeeps left over from World War II? It is a post-war creation inspired by the GI jeeps that the American soldiers brought to the country in the 1940s. Enterprising Filipinos salvaged the surplus engines and came out unique vehicles of art. 


After celebrating my daughter's birthday at Tagaytay, we also wanted to celebrate her birthday in Manila. My sister gave me vouchers she bought from Deal Grocer as a birthday gift for her "pamangkin," and I was excited to use it.

We were welcomed by the staff the moment we entered, the dining area was okay and lighting is great.
There were only a few diners in the restaurant, I was glad that it wasn't too busy.
The choices are quite limited as compared to other Hotel buffets.







There were also very few pieces of ebi tempura.Some of the diners were dissapointed because it wasn't enough considering the place wasn't crowded. Hubby requested the chef to make more unfortunately it didn't arrive. Food is just so-so, actually it was forgettable.

My kids enjoying their meal.

For the desserts, it's a different story, their desserts were scrumptous! Lots of cakes, and pastries. 
They have the best red velvet ever! Crepe samurai is also really good, creme brulee & the dark chocolate mousse cake.


 Halo-halo station. 

You can also buy their yummy cakes to go.


I personally love the red velvet cake, it's a must-try. This is the best red velvet cake I've eaten so far. I'm comparing this to karen's kitchen/UCC  (which was hailed #1 in Manila)  plus the red velvet cakes and cupcakes from random pastry shops.The white chocolate tasted like white Toblerone and the cream cheese frosting was totally divine! the cake was moist and buttery which gave a good contrast of flavor.

Personally, I would rather dine at buffet 101 that has also the same price as this, but they have wider & yummier selection of food, although when it comes to red velvet I must say this tops my list.


Café Jeepney
Ground Level, InterContinental Manila
1 Ayala Avenue
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
+63.2.793.7000 loc. 6771










No comments:

Post a Comment