Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cake2Go


Late for my sister in law's birthday and me annoying hubby for sweets,
 hubby decided to drop by this small cute cake shop. The shop had a strong red color with dash of blue and white that looked like a courier service or a fast food joint rather than a cake shop.


Here are some mouthwatering cakes to choose from...

Oreo cake, Mom's chocolate fudge cake, Toblerone cake, Dulce de Leche cheesecake,
Nestle Crunch cake, Devil's Food cheesecake

Sugar Free Sansrival, Quatro Leches cake, Cadbury cake, Salted Caramel cake

I chose this....




Cake2Go's Red Velvet Cake has a generous amount of cream cheese frosting all over. It is creamy and yet suprisingly light. It has the right amount of sweetness and has a very very mild tanginess to it. The base of this cake is one of the most dense yet very moist cakes I've had. The flavor just bursts with goodness.
This cake is for people who don't want their red velvet tangy.
 Love this cake! although Cafe Jeepney's red velvet cake still tops my list.




Ferrero Rocher is one of my favorite chocolates. It is always included in the balik-bayan box my dad or mom sends me. For me and my sister, this is 1 of  the chocolates we usually don't share. Instead of me leaving it in the fridge, I usually keep mine inside my drawer or somewhere safe LOL (she does the same).

 I had high expectations with this Ferrero cake.The cake was light, moist, and delicious. The cake is also crumbly, it wasn't dense like the red velvet cake. The frosting was not sweet and you can taste a mild hint of hazelnut to it, the almonds on the outside icing made a huge factor to the cake which made it taste like Ferrero. It was good.

Among the 2, I'd pick the red velvet cake. I will definitely try other flavors of their yummy cakes soon!

Cake2Go
207 Katipunan Ave
Milagrosa, Quezon City
(02) 438-1513

No comments:

Post a Comment