Thursday, August 1, 2013

Bono Gelato


While waiting for the seminar at Dusit Thani Manila, I decided to 
try Bono Artisanal Gelato to see what the fuzz was all about...
The colorful attractive wall says everything about the place!

Unlike the usual Gelato shops, their Ice cream isn't displayed in a pan.
they're covered in  metalic bins which I think helps it stay more fresh.

They make their gelato fresh daily, in small batches.
NO ARTIFICIAL ADDITIVES (colors, emulsifiers, flavors) and do not use any ready-made mixes or pastes. They make everything from scratch, the slow-food, whole-food way; the same way the Italian mammas used to do it.  
You can have your gelato in waffle cones or in cups

I chose their new flavor Red Velvet. My favorite!!
I also tried their best seller SPECULOOS!
I just love cookie butter!


As you can see they don't scrimp on ingridients!
In every bite you can really taste chunks and chunks of  cookie butter!
their gelato is smooth and very creamy!
The Red Velvet gelato is simply divine! 
BEST Gelato I ever had!
You can taste chunks of cream cheese & pieces of red velvet cake!
Every  spoonful I had was pure heaven.

Born in Manila, with Italian Soul. They have  been featured in the Italian magazine Punto Italy which is distributed worldwide! (they really deserve it!)
I love this Gelato shop! 
The atmosphere was bright & staff was really friendly.  Prices were very reasonable.
The selection of flavours is a tad on the small side, but I am a strong believer in quality than quantity. So far their Gelato is really one of the best! 


BONO ARTISANAL GELATO
G/F The Podium, 2/F SM Makati, LG/F Aura Premier: The first and only truly authentic, artisanal gelato in the Philippines




No comments:

Post a Comment